One of our staples and absolute favourites. British clams in sake, a Japanese wine that will take your clams from a 8 to a 10. This boozy delight is perfect for a quick but addictive dinner for two with the addition of some fresh pasta. Alternatively you could place this in the middle of the table for a group and serve with fresh crusty bread for everyone to have a taste.
2 Garlic cloves
2 tablespoons veg oil
1. Soak your clams in salted water for at least an hour to get rid of any grit and sand
2. Heat two tablespoons of veg oil in a pan
3. Add two crushed garlic cloves into the pan and let sizzle for 30 seconds
4. Add the clams, samphire and sake
5. Toss and put the lid on the pan
6. Keep shaking the pan for 3 mins until all of the clams have opened.
7. Discard any unopened clam shells.
8. Serve up with a decent wedge of crusty bread
Sign up to our monthly newsletter below for more easy recipes using simple and delicious ingredients.